Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter


Happy Easter 
to all my friends!

I made another card using the tin foil
idea from tim Holtz. This time I cut out some eggs.
As I used a spellbinder die, I could not cut bookboard,
so I cut out several eggs

and taped them together. 

With crumpled tin foil cut to size
I coverd the eggs. Leaving the shiny side inside.

Now I took a sizzix embossing folder

and embossed the eggs for a fun effect

before covering them with alcohol ink.
The eggs are finished now and I put them aside.

For the background |I took a white peace of cardstock
and sprinkled a few grains of bistre on it.

Sprayed water on top and this way covered all of the paper.

first on the background and then on yellow cardstock.
I gave the chicks some extra dimention by coloring
them with a yellow pencil.

Cut out the chicks (without the paws - these are already
on the background) and use foam tape to add the
chicks to the background.

I used part of Michael Strong's pot stamp (gold embossed
on green paper) as a bowl for the eggs.


On top of the eggs you see little bows.
The come with the easter bunny die.

The sentiment is from an old Stampin'Up! set.

Thanks for looking. 
Hope you have an amazing day!

Have a creative day!



7 comments:

Malika said...

Lovely easter card

Malika

Raevon said...

Love your Easter eggs and chicks! I have yet to master the bistre process.

Heidi said...

Adorable! I love how it all goes together and the non-traditional colours look great!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fabulous! Love how your eggs turned out!

Laura said...

Amazing!!! You're so creative! I love the way you made "foil eggs"--that would have been cool enough--but you also colored them with alcohol inks!!! The bister background is very cool and so is Mike's pot as a nice container for the cute eggs!! Mike's chicks and the die cut bows are perfect! Thanks for the fun! hugs, Laura

Anonymous said...

As usual Hetty, you have created another lovely card. I'll certainly be using your idea for next Easter!! too late now. Thanks for the ideas.
AnneL

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog Hetty ^.^ Great idea to use Tim's technique for the eggs, beautifully done ^.^