Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday sketch and Winter Challenge

Today I combined two of the
challenges on the Michael Strong group:
the sketch challenge #74
and the Winter Challenge.

This is the sketch

and this image is to be used for the Winter
 challenge. I turned the tree, so I could use it as a branch.

For the bird I first stamped Michael Strong's large
heart stamp on red paper and embossed it in gold.

Then I used the StampinÚp! bird builders punch to
cut out the bird. A black brad is showing the eye of the bird.
The sentiment is one from Michael Strong's
Words & Phrases stamp set. Thext balloon is
drawn and cut by hand.

These are Michael Strong's mini heart stamps.
Also stampedon red paper and embossed in gold.
With natural scrappers floss I tied them to the branch.

Of course a little decoration on the inside.

Bird kisses for the loved one!

Tank you for looking.
Have a creative day!



7 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Very cute. I love your little hearts. That's one thing I don't have is a heart stamp.

Peg Klitch said...

What a great card Hetty! Mike's hearts are perfect and the SU bird punch can be used in so many ways.

Laura said...

Oh how sweet! Love how you used the tree image sideways! And love the way you have strung the hearts! Such a creative way to use that sketch! Love it!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I like this a lot, Hetty! The bird and the hearts are so pretty with the gold embossing on red! I like how you added the xxx word bubble on the inside too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hetty this is so stunning - love the red on gold, and the bird is beautifully made!! I admire how you have used the tree for a branch - great work.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

That is ingenious, - turning the tree to make a branch. another fabulous card.

Jan Castle said...

Oh soooooo clever Hetty!!! Mike will love it!
Paper Hugs,
Jan