Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Creative Chemistry Day 5: Alcohol Ink

Here my projects for day 5 of the Tim Holtz
online classes of Creative Chemistry 103.
All the techniques incorporate alchol ink and yupo paper.
So what to do when you have no yupo paper?
Well shop, you will say, but it would not be here in time,
so I just experimented a little.

I choose the resist technique.

I tryed on several papers if the technique as Tim shows it in his video
tutoral, but no paper i had worked. So with my card and tags
I cheated a little by finally using bleach to try and get the same effect.
Finally these were the best samples to use.

This green background is alcohol ink on ranger matte stamping paper.
I made an alcohol background and then i stamped the bottles
with bleach. Not the best result, but ok for the tag.
I finally stamped the bottles also in black on top of the background.
Also some die cut bottles from dample papers I used to
decorate the tag. The words creative chemistry are printed on
kraft paper with the computer. 103 is a die cut.

This tag is just bleach on dark brown paper. That seemed to 
work best, but no alcohol ink. I loved the background,
so I had to finish this and make it into a tag.

Here i used the alcohol ink on some funny shiny paper that was
lying in my stash. No not photo paper. After adding the alcohol ink
was added, I stamped the bottles with bleach. The lines did not stay
were straight, but gave a nice look, so I stamped the teacher on top
and gave him also some bottles make his potions. Is it Tim mixing
the creative chemistry? 

Anyway, not the real technique, but I had fun playing.

Thanks for looking.
Have a creative day.



5 comments:

Laura said...

Hetty, your cards and tags are wonderful! Great how you made substitutions to create similar effects from the class! The backgrounds are so pretty! Thanks for so many ideas!!!

Joyce Spear said...

You are such a creative problem-solver, Hetty! All of these projects are delights to the eyes! I wonder if the shiny paper you used is Tyvek...?

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are fabulous, to make these with alternative papers (never heard of yupo paper,) and get the same results is truly amazing.
Faith
x

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful tags Hetty - I must have a play with my yupo paper and alcohol inks that I bought last month.
Blessings
Maxine

KT Fit Kitty said...

I was wondering the same thing... no Yupo at my house either! Your technique turned out great! Clever idea to improvise! I've neglected my alcohol inks for quite a while - love what you've done here!