Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Irisfolding Dragon

Today I have made this card with an irisfolded dragon.
Irisfolding is such a great technique and really easy, even though
it looks so complicated. You just need a few strips of
folded paper, some cellotape and a template.

I have a friend who makes the most wonderful irisfolding
templates. You find the dragon template HERE,

If you never tried this technique but would, then I have a turorial
and an easy template for you HERE.

I used different shades of gold for the dragon
and a brad for the eye.

The background paper was first embossed, before 
I cut out the shape of the dragon.

The sentiment added to this card is by
Art Neko and is the Birthday sentiment with kanji
and you can find it HERE.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


5 comments:

Laura said...

Hetty, your Iris folding dragon card is just beautiful! THanks for sharing all the links to the template and the iris folding tutorial too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hetty this is gorgeous - I have yet to try iris folding, but I really so admire it done, and this is a stunning example of it
Blessings
Maxine

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, how cool! My son would love this -- he loves dragons!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is lovely, I like the papers you have chosen, gosh I haven't done Iris folding for soooo long.
Faith
x

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is awesome, Hetty! I used to do a lot of iris folding when I first started making cards and I still love this technique, although I haven't done it for ages. I visited your friend's blog and became a follower -thanks for the link!