Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Rosh Hashanah 5780 Blog Hop


Welcome to the Rosh Hashanah Blog Hop.
Here you find cards for the Jewish New Year that will
start on the eve of September 29 until October 1st 2019.

To learn more about Rosh Hashanah/ Jewish New Year
 go HERE.

With a bunch of Stampin' Up! demonstrators we like to share 
the cards we made with as much materials from the 
current catalogue. If we used something else we will so 
tell you about it. Hope you arrived here from:




Here are some cards I made to inspire you and
I tried to keep it as easy as possible.
I have used materials from this years catalogue
and some from the new Winter Catalogue.
Those will be available on September 3rd.

For my first 3 cards I used decorative masks for the backgrounds,
some decorative paper and 2 different stamp sets and a punch.

This Harvest Hallos Bundle is available in the 
Winter catalogue and the other set is

Slice of Happiness from this years catalogue.

For the background of the cards I used these
On this card I used the apple stamp with the sentiment 
from Slice of Happiness. Of course I used the  paper punch.
You find this in the new Winter catalogue on p. 49.
The leaves are Leave Trinkets, little metal leaves
and I glued them here to the apple.
In the background I also used some sticky sequins.
I noticed when I was deciding where to add
the punched out apple, that the centre of the mask
and the apple shape, make a pomegranate!
For this card I used another of the Pattern Party Decorative Masks
(there are 4 in a package for only $ 6).
I also used some left over paper strips, that I used for there next cards.
As you can see i did not cover all of the background with the
mask, I left some white and very light spaces.
For these cards I used a pomegranate template
(for you to grab)
and beautiful decorative paper from the Winter catalogue.
It is called: Brightly Gleaming Speciality Designers Series Papers.
You will find it on page 32.

I like it when you see the paper also as a border around 
the image. The part that has been cut out can be re-used
on another card (soon to be seen in another blog post).

The ribbon is from my stash and the blue dots
are the In Color Facet Dots.  

And here another version with the pomegranate rubber stamp
and wish from Slice of Happiness. 
I absolutely love this paper, it is a pity that you cannot
see the shiny gold squares.

For more inspiration go and visit



You also find inspiration on Facebook by



Thank you for looking and
have a creative day!

10 comments:

Miriam said...

Hetty, you have absolutely outdone yourself!!!! Each and every card is a spectacular work of art. You could start your own hand made Jewish card shop, easily. Thank you so much for organizing the hop this year.

Wendie Waldman said...

Beautiful! I love your use of the DSP. That sealed the deal for me to get it!!! I also love your city. I was there last March for only 1-1/2 days. So sorry I wasn't "acquainted" with you then. I'm also a demonstrator in New Mexico, USA.

Wendie Waldman said...

P.S. thank you so much for the pomegranate template!

Lulu’s Crafty Stamping said...

Hi Hetty, love your beautiful, creative ideas! Especially the large pomegranate cut out.

Nancy said...

Great job, Hetty! Thanks for coordinating the hop - sorry I couldn't participate this year.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing set of cards Hetty, so beautifully made too. Thank you for the template, this is so appreciated.
Blessings
Maxine

Catherine Kraft said...

Beautiful cards Hetty!! Loved seeing the stencil backgrounds. Happy New Yesr!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your beautiful ideas, are so beautifully crafted, love the papers, the designs, the stamps and the stencils, gorgeous cards. Thank you so much for the template Hetty.
Faith x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your artistic abilities shine through on each and every card! I so love the apples with the stencil background, and the pomegranate template is fabulous!!! Happy New Year!!!

Fikreta said...

Beautiful cards !