Saturday, February 29, 2020

Catch the Bug Challenge: Funky Fold

There is a new challenge over at the 
Funky Folds. And here is my card:
For my card I used the Bugaboo Cat image
and a sentiment from my stash.

I found this great video about a Funky Triangle
Pop Up Folding card:


I folowed the instructions from this tutorial. Only I did not add
so many layers of paper, just one layer of design paper. Otherwise
the card is way to heavy for sending.
For the card you need a piece of 8 x 8  inch cardstock
and some designers papers that match your main focus point.

The bottom of the card also holds a square to
write your message on. Later I added a tiny
velcro circle to both bottom parts of the card.
This way they card keep standing up better (I think).

I decorated the card with some hearts )dies by Sizzix'
and used this wonderful paw paper punch and a "meow"
sentiment by Stampin'Up! (old set called Meow Meow).

I colored the sweet Bugaboo Cat with 
Stampin'Blends.

The hearts are in contrasting colors using the
black cardstock and the pink paw print paper.

This is how you fold the card for senfing.
Fold the bottom parts upwards and

then vertically outwards. Now you can enter
the card in a square 5 x 5 inch envelope.

Totally folded and ready for sending in an envelope
to a friend who needs a bit of cheering up!

you can see mor ideas and add your own card
in the linky party and you might win some great
Bugaboo Digital Stamps to play with for other
challenges. If you have no Bugaboo Stamps, you 
can grab the Friday Freebie to play with.

I liked this way of making a card a lot
 and there is another one tomorrow!

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!




7 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh my word, Hetty, this is AMAZING! What a gorgeous fold - I've never seen this one before - and of course you know I love the kitty! Such a cute card and so impressive! You are rocking your Guest Designer spot over at Bugaboo!

Migdalia said...

Adorable card!! I love the fun design!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those cards are so fantastic. You are so talented. What a wonderful fold and great images used on them too!

Fikreta said...

Looove this card very much!
Great design. Never tried it.
That kitty is so cute!
Whoever get this card it will be so happy!

Lisa Lynn said...

Oh my this is precious. Just love this layout and it is so cute with the kitty. All those hearts and pawprints are purrfect.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love this fold Hetty and the wonderful papers and little image, all fit together so beautifully.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing fold Hetty, and a gorgeous card - love that wee pussy image and how you have themed the card around it
Blessings
Maxine