Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Yom Kippur Blog Hop


Welcome to another Jewish themed blog hop.
This time we celebrate Yom Kippur.

Yom Kippur is the holiest, most important day of the year in Judaism, known as the “Day of Atonement.” It begins at sundown Tuesday, October 4, 2022, and ends Wednesday evening, October 5th—the last of the ten days of penitence that began with Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year). On this day we fast and pray.

For my card I focused on the ramshorn (the shofar).
 It is blown at the end of the holiday with a very long tone, called Tekiah Gedolah:
Hear the sound of the shofar. 
This loud and long tone marks the end od the fast.
This  star of David is from an old set of stars (1999).
I embossed it with gold embossing powder and cut it out.

Next I created a little shofar by using one of the circles
from the stitched shapes framelits dies.

Out of one circle one can cut to horns.
These I used as templates to create a background for my card.

With Brown Sugar ink, a blending tool and the horns as template
I created this shofar background for the card.
I rolled a piece of washi tape on the back of the template so it
dit not move around.
Behind the star I added a blue square (cut with the stiched 
square die) and out of the shofar the letters Tekiah are blown.
Tiny elegant faceted gems decorate the word.
For the inside of the card I created this border.
I stamped and gold embossed and also stamped some with 
Brown Sugar ink. Not sure from which set this is.
Here the finished inside of the card with the star border.
The Jewish sentiment is from my stash.

Wishing you all well over the fast and 
my you be inscribed in the Book of Life.


4 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Beautiful card and sentiment Hetty. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Jill Morgenstern said...

So pretty!!!!!!! What a great card! I love how you did the shofars - I was trying to figure it out.

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - that shofar player must have big lungs - I have blown a small one and it take a bit of effort! Love your card Hetty - so beautifully themed to your festival
Blessings
Maxine