Sunday, May 21, 2023

International Tea Day


Hello my crafty friends,

Today it is international TEA DAY and
even though I am a big coffee lover, I also love a cup of tea.
Usually I have one in the afternoon.
My favorite flavor is fresh mint tea.
Below you find my card. I am not sure how to call
this kind of card. I would say: accordeon card,
because of the folds on the sides.
It fits in a normal envelop, but it is a little bulky!

For my card I used different cups designed by Michael Strong,
as well as the teapot. You find all of the stamps HERE.

All stamps are embossed with gold embossing powder.
The sentiment is an old one by Club Scrap (not available anymore).

Sideways

from above.

Directions:

For this card you need a piece of  4,25"x 6,25" 
(here the gold) and a piece of 4"x 6"(here the darkest blue).
Then you cut the pieces like below and score and fold them.

On top of the darkest blue 4x6 inch card you add the folded strips,
starting with the largest one of 4 inch, next
3 inch and last 2 inch.
Now you add the cups or any other idea you have.

The 4,25"x 6,25" is the last piece of cardstock
you ad for decoration to the back of the card and is
on all sides a bit larger, except for the bottom, where
it alligns with the bottom.


Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Hetty - love all the blue and gold, and the construction is amazing.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY beautiful Hetty, I love the blue. My favourite tea is lemon & ginger. Thank you for the diagram of the design, I may give this a go? Love the stamps.
Faith x