Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Card inspiration



Today I have been making Christmas cards.
I was totally inspired after I had seen
yesterday with his Christmas cards.
It gave me an instan idea on how to use my new TH stamps,
paper and all those ribbons I have lying around.
 
Last weekend I got these stamps:
Already I had the Chritmas paper:
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Seasonal Paper Stash
and with some basic card paper this is what
I came up with:
 
 
I cut the Christmas paper to fit as a panel on the
front of the card, fastned a ribbon with a tiny staple.


The image on the card is stamped with versamark and
embossed with black embossing powder.
On the inside and on the envelop I stamped
the image with black ink.
All images are colored with watercolor crayons.


On each card you find a little gemstone as
an extra accent.
 
 
Only the snowflake is embossed in white
 and stamped with blue ink to make it more fitting.
 
Hope you like my version of Tim's cards.
 
Have a creative day!
 

 
 

6 comments:

KathyR said...

I love these, Hetty! I just got this set, and I'm inspired by your cards. I espc. like the idea of stamping on another pc. of cs for the inside.
KathyR

slbt17 said...

lovely Hetty - Great idea - love that stamp set - you used it well!
Sandra ltb

Belinda Basson said...

I like the stamped image inside the card too, that is a great touch.

Hettie said...

Gorgeous cards there Hetty. I have the larger version of these stamps, as you have seen, and they are wonderful! Love the stamping you have done inside the cards too.
xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great cards Hetty- and a fab way to use up some of the DSP too- and to show off pretty ribbons : ) I have to get busy on my Christmas cards.....

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Wonderful cards. Love that you stamped the inside too. Your friends and family will be so thrilled to receive this in the mail!