Saturday, February 17, 2018

Year of the Dog


The Chinese New Year has started and this time it is the Year of the Dog.
As I do not have many people to send cards to, I decided to make a
birthday card for dog lovers and I enter my card for the challenge on the
And Simon says:
Add a die.
See all the samples HERE.
For my card I used a FREE dog image, that you can find on the
blog of Michael Strong HERE. For the background I 
used several washi tapes on a scrap piece of paper 
and cut it out with a circle die. Then I used the matching
scallop die for the black circle. Before adding the circle
to the card I adde the pendant washi tape to the card 
and matched up the circle.

When the circle was on the card I stamped the dog bones,
the food bowl and sentiment (all by Tim Holtz).
The dog and the bowl are colored with pencil
and the bones are colored with a white gel pen.

Thank you so much for looking
and have a creative New Year!




4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER card Hetty, love the colours and the bone border, he's such a happy dog isn't he?
Faith
x

Beth Norman said...

Very cute Hetty. I love the dog image.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Hetty - love how you have used the washi tape in the circle, and how placing the dog in front of it really makes him stand out
Blessings
Maxine

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Hetty! The elements are so cute and I love the sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx