Saturday, January 25, 2020

Happy Chinese New Year


Today the Chinese New Year starts and this year is the 
year of the rat. Goodbye year of the pig.

The Rat:
If you are born in the year 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984,
1996 of 2008 than you are a rat and rats are believed to be
very industrious and thrifty, dilligent and positive.

Of course I wanted to make a card for the new year and I came across
 a wonderful tutorial here by Frenchie. The tutorial is HERE.
It is a tent card.

I added a little of my own.
The heart is a stamp by Michael Strong
and the sentiment is from my stash.
On the side of the rat I added the flower stamp by Michael Strong.
The are embossed in silver. I was inspired by seeing this decoration
when I googled for the rat image.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!



8 comments:

Fikreta said...

its super adorable!

CraftyJo said...

That's very cute Hetty and quite a coincidence - we just learnt how to make Tent Cards at our local Stamp Club last week!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your rat. A great one for the Chinese New Year.

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW that is wonderful and so creative.

kiwimeskreations said...

Hetty this is a stunning card - love the shape and the wonderful rat mouth!
Blessings
Maxine

CarlavdM said...

Superleuke Rat-tent-kaart Hetty.
Happy New Year ;o)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is awesome Hetty, what a wonderful idea and make.
Faith x

Chris said...

Brilliant ! I LOVE your rat!
xx