Friday, April 3, 2020

Cards and Walk


In this crisis of covid19, I have time to clean my
craft room. I realize how many backgrounds I have
lying around  and how many unfinished images,
and I just could not throw them away!

So I had an idea: I make them all into cards and 
when I do my walk for the day, I put those cards
in the letterboxes around my neighberhood.
At least people will look at it, maybe have a smile
and than throwit away of keep it a few days.
You never know.
So I got to work and added a little Dutch poem
inside: 
"when normal things
are suddenly not so normal
you realize how special
normal things are"
On the envelope and on the card I added the 
word "zomaar" which meand something like
"just for fun" or  "no reason".
Not sure exactly how to translate.

So here are some of the cards I made.
No special technique, just add the paper
I had and an image (colored with stampin'blends)
and the sentiment.
Of course some had to be coffee themed.



















I made over 150 and had fun dropping them around
the neighberhood.

Hope you all stay safe and healthy
and thanks for looking.
Be creative!


9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

OMG HETTY that’s a lot of cards and was a wonderful gesture. You are so sweet.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great thing to do. I wish my neighbors were that close so I could do that. And, the cards you made are lovely too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, what a beautiful heart you have. You certainly made a lot of cards. It is a good feeling to give out our handmade cards and especially now.

Karenladd said...

What a wonderful idea Hetty! I can just imagine people discovering their card and being completely charmed. This is a great way to use up those leftover images and backgrounds that we all have in our stash. I have been trying very hard to use a few of them every week on the cards that I make, but the pile never gets smaller. Seeing your sweet cards makes me want to get back at it and do the same in our neighborhood. All of your cards are lovely but I especially like the image of the woman dancing in the rain!

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Hetty, and a great idea to drop them around your neighbourhood - I am still working on my 'must do' cards for April, although I only got one completed today, I have others underway and drying...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Juliet A said...

I love this idea so much! I was just cleaning off my crafting desk and was amazed at how many partial projects and unused bits there were - what a good idea to use them up and share some art!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO many of your neighbours day will be lightened by your thoughtfulness with such wonderful cards Hetty.
God Bless You
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Mitzi said...

Hetty, you are so thoughtful. And you sure made a lot of cards to hand out! i live in the country but yesterday I made 10 cards and am writing a note in each today and mailing them out. Then I will make more and do the same. We've also been asked to mail some to our local elderly health care center and just address them to "any resident". I think I will do this also. Keep up with more cardmaking and stay healthy!

Fikreta said...

Wonderful cards!
oh thats great idea!