Sunday, June 7, 2020

Stay at home cards

While we all try to stay at home as much as possible
(even though one can go out a little more than before),
I still make a card every day using my Club Scrap
stash of stamps and papers.

This time I want to explain a little more
about the techniques I have used.

Card #52
Stamps from the kit Surf's Up 06/2006





Card #53
Stamps from the kit Sea Breeze 07/2018

For this card I used Tim Holtz texture paste and
fossilized amber distress glaze. I took a stencil from
Club Scrap Cape Cod kit and used it to apply the
texture paste through the open spaces. 
When still wet I added the distress glaze.
Now I leaf it to air dry for about 30 minutes.
Then I used the heattool to emboss the glaze.
With several colors of distress oxide ink I colored
the background panel.

Card #54
Here I used the hybrid kit Farm Critters 06/2019

After seeing Tim Holtz's live video on Facebook
yesterday, I wanted to try his collage technique with
distress crayons. I printed these images on printer
paper to use as collage paper. I tore it into pieces
and with collage medium I glued it to the background.

When the medum was dry I used my crayons 
to color the paper and with some water too (like Tim
showed in the tutorial) .

When the coloring was finished, I added 
this stamp with archival black.

Follow me on instagram to
see all my cards while staying home.

Thanks for looking,
stay safe and keep crafting.







3 comments:

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous cards you made!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful and beautiful set of cards Hetty, love the tutorial, great work.
Take care
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

what a fabulous selection of cards Hetty - loving how you are getting to apply all the videos that you are watching!
We were declared virus free as a nation yesterday!! But cautioned to take precautions with hand washing etc, and also note where, and with whom, we have been....
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine