Saturday, September 3, 2022

Apples for the Jewish New Year

 Hello Crafty Friends,


On September 25 the Jewish community celebrates their New Year:

Rosh Hashanah. So it is time to start making some cards. Well the first card this year 

is inspired by one of the cards from Michael Strong's zoom class.

This card measures 4 x 7 inch.
Now here is my variation:
My card measures 4,25 x 5,5 inch (easier to find an envelope).

This is what I used:
digital apple image by Michael Strong
(FREE and you find it HERE)
Background paper Stampin Up!
honey jar stamp and die Stampin Up! (Jar of Love)
Hebrew seniment by Zum Gali Gali
Happy Rosh Hashanah seniment by Stampin Up!
(very old Mazal Tov! set)
Number dies from my stash


On Rosh Hashanah we eat apples and honey to wish each other
a sweet New Year, so you see this a lot on the cards for this holiday.

On the flap of the fron card I stamped the sentiment
and embossed this with gold embossing powder.
The tiny apples are part of the digital image.

The honey jar is stamped and colored with pencils
and then cut out with the matching die.

The tassel I made with embroidery thread.
Here you see how it is done:
The thinner the thread, the smaller the tassel.

All the apples are colored with pencil too.
I addapt the digital image  to fit a 2 x 2 inch square.
I did this in my word program.

The numbers you see in gold: 5783 refer to the new
Jewish Year.

The Hebrew sentiment (Shanah Tovah meaning a Good Year)
is also stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder.

Here the back of the card.

Hope I inspired you for your cards
and please do take the apple image and share your cards
on the internet somewhere.

Thanks for looking
and have a creative day!



4 comments:

Jill P said...

Hetty, I love this card. The apple
are adorable on the pull down.
It fits the New Jewish Year.

Fikreta said...

so wonderful!

kiwimeskreations said...

It seems no time since last Rosh Hashanah - I must be getting old, time is going so fast! Love your variation on the card, it's beautiful - what a delightful result!!
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

Hetty, I love this pull-down idea. You always come up with great holiday ideas. Thanks for sharing.