Monday, March 29, 2010

Technique by Design April Blog Hop

Hello Junkies,
Welcome to the April Blog Hop revealing some new techniques from the April/ May Technique Junkie Newsletter. We have another sketch challenge for you in the April issue and we would LOVE for you to participate. All the details can be found in the Technique Junkie April/ May issue online (for this you must be a subsciber), but here is the sketch if you like to try.

While starting to make the card, I happen to make two. On both cards I have jused a digital stamp on top by FireCracker by Designs by Pamela, colored with water color crayons. Papers are by Club Scrap and what techniques did I use you may wonder. On the pink one you see Faux Velvet ( a wonderful new technique with baby wipes?!) and double metal emboss. On the orange one you see Animal Spots and Glimmering waves.

To make sure you miss none of the fun, you'll want to start at the very beginning!

There is a challenge and a prize to be had so, make sure to play by the rules:
Use the sketch from above and check out the link from above with all dimentions.
1. Follow the sketch...you MUST use at least one Junkie technique :)
2. Post a link to Pat's Blog
3. The deadline to the challenge is MAY 15


Now if you want to see more, and of course you do!!!
 please see what Jane has for you in store.

19 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Birthday cards, love your colors!

Chrissy D said...

Stunning work Hetty! Two BEAUTIFUL pieces. I justs LOVE the backgrounds!

Cathy Y said...

Hey, both your cards are gorgeous!!!

Pat Huntoon said...

I can't decide which I like better, both are great! Well, maybe the animal spots one -- just because I love that technique :)

Ann said...

Both are beautiful, Hetty! Of course, I'm always a sucker for flower cards!

Shelly Hickox said...

I love them both! Gorgeous cards, Hetty!

Unknown said...

Love em both - I really like the way you worked the Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder into the bottom of that first card. I like both cards and the way you used the colors you selected. May have to case the one, since I also have that digi image form FCD
Thanks

Daria said...

Leave it to you, Hetty, to make two cards. LOL.

They are both very beautiful. I love the backgrounds, and you did a wonderful job coloring the digi-images.

Kimm BT said...

Beautiful cards Hetty!

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful, beautiful work. I particularly love the bright orange.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

You are coming up with the most amazing cards here GF, just beautiful work!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh your cards are absolutely beautiful!!! Love the colors you used! How inspiring! Marva

Sharon said...

Oh, gosh, Hetty, you did such a beautiful job on both cards. I must try the Faux Velvet....it looks so velvety! LOL I really like the Glimmery waves, too. Such nice cards. ")

Jane Bosi said...

Beautiful job, Hetty! Well done!

Jean McKenzie said...

Hetty, your cards are just beautiful!!

Beach Cat ! said...

Both cards are lovely --- you did a beautiful job on the techniques and this sketch really showcases them. I have been trying to decide which technique to try first !

Lynn Stevens said...

These both say Spring in every way! Gorgeous samples!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two fabulous cards- I really like Pink, and I love the beautiful coloring- and the technique....but the technique and color on the 2nd image is fabulous too! You have outdone youself!

FireCracker082 said...

love all of these! wonderful colors too!!