Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Summer challenge card

Today i share with you my card for the Summer Challenge
on the Michael Strong Yahoo group.
The theme is a Lazy Summer Day.
My card is inspired by these flowers.
I just love it when the weather is nice and I can sit in the garden
reading a book.That is a super lazy Summer day.

Here I share with you how I made the background for this card:
I used a leave stencil and 2 green distress inks.
Just tapped the ink on the stencil.

Then I layed the white paper on top of the stencil and 
pressed it with my hand to the stencil.

After pressing, I carefully turned the stencil with 
the paper around,so the stencil is now on top.

Leaving the stencil in place I sprayed
with silver perfect pearl and left it to dry.

Here is the finished background.
While the background was drying I started stamping the 
flowers with yellow and embossed them with clear embossing
powder. When they were al finished I cut them out.

 
In the heart of the flower I added a shiny gold circle sticker
 and on top of that a sticky pearl.

The sentiment is printed with the computer.
Thanks for looking.

Have a creative day!





3 comments:

Heidi said...

Great idea with the stencil and what a fun summer card!

Jan Castle said...

Great idea Hetty....I have oodles of stencils, but hardly ever use them! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
{a[er Hugs,
Jan

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the stencil, then a spray, mmmmm LOVE the effect. Beautiful flowers around the page too. A Beuatiful card.
We have the hypericum in the garden too, it's lovely isn't it?
Faith
x