Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday color and sketch challenge: Lily

Today I am a little late with getting my card ready.
My grandson wanted to come and craft - he had been on vacation.
He remembered a card I made with monkeys and now he
wanted to make some too!

So late afternoon, when Owen was back home,
 I had time to make my card.
I choose another sketch and color challenge for my card.
Then I prepared dinner and it is now after dinner,
 that I have time to write my post.

For this card I used
Michae Strong's Lily stamp set
and the Hello sentiment stampset by Stampin'Up!.


The sketch is from the 

These colors are from the
 I started making the background first.
Stamping the lily backgroundstamp and embossing it with 
clear embossing powder. The using wilted violet
distress oxide  ink with the direct paper technique.

With the left over ink on my craftsheet, I colored the 
large lily stamp and after finishing coloring, I cut the flower.
First stamping the sentiment and next adding the flower
to the card. making the flower a little more interresting
by adding a few drops of glitter glue and smearing
this all over the flower with my finger.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


4 comments:

Diana Enns said...

So cute, they are really learning from Grandma

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! lovely photos of Owen and your card with it's vibrant purple is so Very Beautiful.
Faith
x

Laura said...

Your card is Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing how you made the beautiful background and how you created the big lily too! Sweet that your grandson wanted to come and use your stamps to craft at your house!!! :-)

Lisa Lynn said...

Hetty, that Distress Oxide looks incredible on the flower.