Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday Sketch card: Anniversary

we have a new challenge every month by Mike
himself. This month it is Mike and Carla's 
37th Wedding Anniversary and all of us are
challenged to make them a card by using this sketch:
Here you see the finished card
and envelop. I used:
Mike's  cloisonné hearts
SU! wedding stamp and sentiment
musical notes  - unknown


This is the inside of the card.
If you click on the photo you
can see a larger version and read the
wonderful sentiment.
It is from an old set I already have for a long
time and love to use( Oh, how we danced)
In the bckground i first stamped the large
cloisonné heart in versamark and embossed
it with clear embossing powder. You can
find the stamps HERE.
The smal heart is done with gold embossing
powder and colored with pink distress marker.
Now how did I make the background?
First I stamped the wedding couple in versamark
and embossed it with white embossing powder.
Next I did the same with the the musical notes.

Second I took my craft sheet and  distress stains
(fired brick, tarnished brass and tattered rose).
I did the direct to paper technique and the white
lines resist the stains.

A ribbon and some musical washi tape and the card is finished
ready to be posted by special messenger!
Mike and Carla, I hope the card the card is soon
with you and you have a lovely Wedding Anniversary
and hopefully many more!

Have a creative day!


No comments: