Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Birthday,Mike!


Today is Michael Strong's birthday,
so Happy Birthday Mike!!
Hope you have a wonderfulday.

Of course I  had to make a card today 
with one of Mike's images.
On his blog he has a free digital image
of a pumkin and you can download this 
to your computer to use as you want HERE.

I printed the pumkin on white paper ready to color.

To color the pumpkin I used bistre powder.
I also used the same powder to make the background 
with the pumpkin. The leaves are a die from Tim Holtz
and the bird is a die from Michael Strong.

When you open the card, you see that the card is an 
easel card with a little post it notebook inside.

The sentiment you see on this card, I found on internet
and just typed it up with my computer in word
and printed it to use on this card:

October time is
PUMPKIN TIME
the nicest time of year,
when all the pumpkins
light their eyes
and grin from ear to ear.

I added a fun sentiment on the first page of the post-it book.
I used the left over paper from the front background to stamp
the letters fall with copper embossing powder.

Hope you are inspired to download the pumpkin image
and have fun with it!

Have a creative day!


1 comment:

Laura said...

Hetty, your card is so beautiful and elegant and yet so much fun! Love your style!! Love the bister bg too!