Saturday, November 21, 2015

Saturday card: Art Deco Christmas


This new set of stamps "Art Deco" by  
Michael Strong is perfect for all kinds of occasions.
It just depends on what color you use!

Today I show you how I made the art deco element 
intoa Christmas card.
I started with decorating the background of the card.
I used the set "Cloisonné Medallions".I stamped
the circleswith versamark and embossed  it with
clear embossing powder.  Next I stamped the 
sentiment at the bottomof the card. This is from the set
Cloisonné Words & Phrases. I embossed the sentiment
with gold embossing powder.

For the green element,I used a piece of paper that I  colored
with green bistre powder. When it was drie I stamped the 
large art deco element with versamark and embossed  it
with cold embossing powder. Then I cut it with scissors.
The red circles are the smaller circles from the Cloissoné Medallions
stampset and stamped on red paper with gold embssig powder.
Cut out with a 1inch paper punch. I added some gold thread 
behind the circles with foam tape, to give it more of 
a Christmaus bauble impression.

Thank you for looking and leaving your comments.



Have a creative day!





2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Lovely work. That's a pretty cool stamp.

Laura said...

Oh what fun! Amazing how you made this Christmas card from Mike's Art Deco set!!! I wish I had a fraction of your creativity! Thanks for sharing!!