Thursday, April 27, 2017

King Day 2017

It is a special day today in TheNetherlands.
We are celebrating King Day:
The birthday of our King Willem-Alexander.
Out on the streets there is a big flee market and
people are all dressed up in  orange, for our king
is from The House of Orange.

Of course I have to show my American friend
around and have her dress up in orange too!
After a great part of the day outside, we end up
stamping in my craftroom.

On top you see a page I made with Club Scraps
digital Delft kit from March.

And here is a birthday card for the king
with Michael Strongs tulip stamps.

I started the card with stamping the small tulip
in orange in for the background.

The tulip i stamped on orange and green paper
and is embossed with white embossing powder.
Cutting the flower from the orange and using the
green leave part together on a gold background
cut with the matching metal tulip die.
Finishing of the card with an orange ribbon
and a bithday sentiment.

With some leftover pieces this 2nd card was made.
First I made the aquarel background with the direct to paper
technique. I used spiced marmalade distress ink. 
With the same inkpad I stamped the small tulip stamp
and added the bees . Then in black the sentiment
(by Penny Black) is added. I thjought there was too
much white and I look some bubble wrap and  the
same ink to spice up the background.


Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


5 comments:

Capescrapper said...

So awesome, hope you are both having a blast!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hope you enjoy the celebrations Hetty, you and your friend are Oranged up well. Love it. In a way we should do a little celebrations too, as we had (MANY years ago) King William of Orange :)

LOVE your card,
Faith
x

LUCYG said...

Is that Jill? Hope you guys are having a fantastic visit. Cool page and pretty card, too. Happy King Day!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Looks and sounds so fun! I know nothing about King day- may have to google it : ) I really love your beautiful card!

Laura said...

How fun to wear the orange hats to celebrate King Day!! LOVE your tulip cards!!! The soft orange and green colors go together so nicely! I think the tulip stamped background is sooooo pretty!!! and I like how you stamped and white embossed on orange and green paper! Looks so cool! Love your 2nd card too...the background stamping give it a dreamy look! Sweet sentiment and love the bees with the tulip!