Thursday, October 19, 2017

Happy Diwali

I was a lucky winner on the Viva la Verve Blog
and with my winnings this is one of the sets I choose:
"Light my World" and I received it just in time to make 
a card for Diwali. This is a Hindu festival I just learned about
now that my daughter is on vacation in India.
Now about the Diwali Festival.
It is a light festival and you can read all about it here.

So I made a card with lots of bling and light.

The lights are colored with markers and I cut them out
with scissors. Behind each flame there is a circle
of gold paper. The sentiment is also embossed with 
gold embossing powder and all the dots of gold
are sequins that came in my package. I used a little 
tombow glue to fastned them to the black background.

I found these wonderful washi tape rolls in my 
stash and they go perfectly with the theme of my card.

Wishing some of my friends a wonderful celebration
and Happy Diwali!

Thanks for looking
and have a creative day!


3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think that suits Diwali perfectly, a FABULOUS card.
Faith
x

kiwimeskreations said...

What great use of your stamps to make a fabulous card Hetty
Blessings
Maxine

Laura said...

So cool how you make cards for all kinds of festivals and share them with us! I learn so much from your blog! Your Diwali card is beautiful! You are so good at designing and using wonderful colors together! Also love the photo of your daughter!