Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Yom Kippur

Tonight is the start of the Jewish High Holiday of
Yom Kippur or Day of Atonement. 
You can read about it  here.

This holiday starts with a meal tonight and after
that you fast for 24 hours until breaking the fast
tomorrow evening.

So i wish all my family and friends well over the fast
and may you all be inscribed in the book of life.


Before breaking the fast you hear a last tone
of the shofar (ramshorn): Tekiah Gedolah!


I made the sentiment in photoshop and printed 
this in word, before making the card.
Then I colored the card with stencils
and distress oxide inks leaving
the place of the sentiment white.

On another piece of paper I stamped the 
shofar stamp (Zum Gali Gali) in 
chocolate brown and cut it with a circle die.
After adding a few gemstines I added the 
stamped image with foam tape to the card.

For the other card I used the same technique,
just another image.

Here you see the Tim Holtz stencils used.

The image is colored with zig markers 
and a watercolor brush and is an oldie from

Thank you for looking
and keep calm and forgive.



2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Striking cards Hetty and s beautifully created sentiment - well done. Loved hearing that shofar - that was one very long, and controlled, breath to be able to blow for that long, and finish with a high note!!
G'mar Chatima Tovah to you and your loved ones
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Found this in my spam.

Great cards. I love the colour combination and how you have just the perfect stamps for the occasion.