Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time for an apple with honey!

Hello Stampers,
Welcome to my blog. I have a combination of posts
Here you see my card for the Jewish New Year,
which is starting tomorrow.
It is a tradition to eat a sweet apple with honey
to wish one another a very sweet New Year.
I got some lovely digital stamps from Create with TLC
this year for my cards. The latest new stamp is the
"apple time" stamp that is used on my cards.

For my cards I used some kraft colored cardstock
in combination with apple red cardstock.
Below you find the template for the card.
If you click on the picture you get the large version and safe
this to your computer with the right mouse click.

The honey part of the apple is embossed with the swirl embossing folder
and colored with wild honey distress ink. To make it look real creamy
all of this part is embossed with honey pearl embossing powder.
The sentiment is also by Create with TLC.

The apple Time image is colored with copic markers.
I do hope you all have a wonderful start of the New Year!

This is a little apple box made for a small honey jar.
This is easo to make. Cut two strips of red paper of
8,5"x 2" and use a corner rounder at the end.
Place the strips crosswise on top of each other and
glue in the middle. Use a hole punch on each
end. Cut the 2 leaves, punch a hole too.
Place the little honey jar on the middle, cross to strips
on top and tie with the ribbon. Cross the other two strips
on top, pull the ribbon through the holes, tie a knot
and add the leaves and make a bow.


Have a sweet and creative New Year!

7 comments:

Tlc Creations said...

Wow...this turned out awesome. The apple with the little jar of honey is just so cute. Love the whole project.
Paulette

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, this is absolutely fantastic! I saw it over on TLC and had to come tell you just how amazing it it! I also told Paulette she had sure better be keeping you on the DT, 'cause you inspire me with every single thing you make! ;)

Gale said...

What an amazing set. Had to come over and see 'how' you made it! Now I will have to give it a try! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.
:) Gale

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just Wow. The apple cards are amazing, and thank you so much for sharing the template.

Anne said...

These Apple projects are adorable. thank you for the template..

Jilli said...

What a beautiful gift idea. Fantastic project that looks amazing! hugs Jillx

Angela said...

Wat een geweldige creatie Hetty!!!
Jennifer heeft gelijk; jouw creativiteit zal écht gemist worden bij CTLC!!!
Heb het patroon meegenomen; dank je wel!!!
Een heel gelukkig Nieuwjaar gewenst!!!!
grt Angela