Tuesday, May 15, 2012

String Art



This month it is all about strings
in the Technique Challenge
at the Club Scrap forum.

Every month I choose a technique to explore for a month.
This month I was inspired by Kay Williamson's
blog with her String Art boat
and wonderful technique explanation
 For my samples I used some of the Club Scrap
wooden stamps from a older kit called Rhapsody.
Perfect for punching holes and using some string
to make art.

For this one i used a circle of holes to embroider
some string in and out of the card and punched out some
butterflies on top.

 Here another card with a little more bling bling.
This time I used a stamp from
the Gratitude kit.
The embroidery thread I used is a lot thinner
than on the first card. It is a kind of silvery blue.
 Adding some beads to the string gives a wonderful
elegant look to the card. In the heart a brad with a gemstone.
This is the other corner ad the card with a kind
of spirograph way of adding my thread. I remember
doing this with a pen and some cirles when I was young.
 
Hope you give this technique a try too!
Have a creative day!


3 comments:

KnitterPam said...

oh wow, Hetty - that 2nd card is even more beautiful than the first. I really love the color combo.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love these images Hetty. That string is the most fabulous idea....fantastic!!!

Wendy Bellino said...

Fabulous idea!