Thursday, February 14, 2013

TH February tag for Valentine


Today I finished my tag for
and for Valentine.
I used the stamps I won with
my November tag and waited
to get this one, for I already
had a fund idea on how to use them.

For instructions how I made the
tag please take a look
at the instructions on the
Here you see the finished tag.
I absolutely love the tip of making
a ribbon from washi paper.

I tried to use the techniques
as shown on Tim's blog with the things I have
and this is the result.

The lamp is doubled up, like
the queen card you see on the original tag.

The metal tag I do not have, so I used
some silver cardstock
and a sentiment I printed to
go with the light bulb.
Adding glossy accent on the top.

Here are also some other cards I made for Valentine:
using Tim Holtz embossing folder
and Michael Strong's mini cloisonné heart.

This card is for my dear DH
and the ticket for the movie
we are going to see.

Backround is done in the glimmer
Antiqued Wallpaper technique
described HERE.


XXX

6 comments:

Anna said...

Cute!! Love how you used the lightbulb! I think it along with the sentiment is perfect for a Valentine card!

Barbara said...

Very cute ideas!Thanks for sharing!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Baeutiful cards! Love the glimmer antiqued wallpaper technique background.

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Hetty I love what you did with the blueprint stamps, especially how you colored the lightbulb - it's fab!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love love love the lightbulb!!!! FUN!!! The atc and card are great too! You've been busy! All LOVEly!!!

Laura said...

Congrats Hetty, on winning the November 2012 Tag contest on Tim Holtz's blog!! WAY TO GO!! You did a great job with your light bulb tag! (and of course on your wonderful Birthday Wishes Butterfly November tag!) It is cool that you use the supplies you have on hand with Tim's techniques! Thanks for sharing your creative ideas!!