Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July inspiration 3

Today I have two things for you:
a tag with digital images
and a button bracelet.

Let's start with the tag:
I made the tag out of pre embossed paper
from Tim Holtz called seasonal impressions.
If you want to know what die I use,
it is a Tim Holtz for Sizzix
and you can find it HERE.

I used strips of post it notes to cover parts of the tag
that i want to give another color.
Of course the tag will be red and blue.

With fired brick distress ink I colored the word 
freedom with a blending tool.

covering the red, now I use salty ocean for other
parts of the tag. Move the paper, every time you
want to color part of the tag.
This is how the tag looks after two colors.

And this is how it looks after finishing
with all the colors.
Finishing the tag with the distress tool
and vintage photo distress ink. 
I love the use of the washi tape, so here I add
a piece of white tape with blue stars.
Using Tim's idea of coloring the ribbon for the 
tag. I stamped the ribbon with black stars before
coloring it with red and blue distress stain.

Even though the background is great (as usual)
 I want to use some images on top.
These are digital images from
Create with TLC, that are printed
and colored with the distress markers.

Here a close up of the top of the tag:
a little star charm on the ribbon.
If you click on the photo you can see
 an even larger version.

And now for the bracelet:
get out your red, white and blue buttons
and a piece of ribbon (any of these 3 colors,
i used a white organza ribbon)
You find perfect easy instructions
in this youtube tutorial:


I am ready for the 4th of July
and you??

Have a creative day!





2 comments:

Diana Enns said...

Awesome projects and tutorial.
Thanks so much.

Wendy Bellino said...

Love this card Hetty!