Saturday, August 17, 2013

Michael Strong inspiration for Jewish New Year

As the Jewish New Year
Rosh Hashanah 
is around the corner:
5/6th of September
I do have to make some cards.

This year i am inspired by Michael Strong's
new stamp called Hannah's Busy Bee
and you can find it HERE.
Below you see the cards that inspired me.

You may wonder about the new year thing...it is only September?
But the Jewish lunar year is different. It is also not 2013, but the new year
is 5774 and if you are interested, you can find more info
about this jewish holiday HERE.

As for my card:
I added a Jewish wish and some stars of David (SU!)
to my card. The stamp is embossed with gold
on some light blue paper. All papers are Club Scrap.

Little sticky gemstones are added in the middle
of the star of david that you see when arranging the images 
in this way.

Wondering why the bee is for Jewish New Year?
Well he makes the honey that we eat on a sweet apple
to symbolize the hope of a sweet year!
So on these cards I added the number
of the new Jewish new Year.
I have cut them out with a long sizzix
Tim Holtz die.




Have a creative day!






1 comment:

Belinda Basson said...

I too am busy with New year cards for the market next Sunday. I have been making for months now. Hope I have enough stock. I love the hexagon and the star it makes. So clever.