Saturday, February 15, 2014

Journal52: Love Notes


Another weer and a new page for my Art Journal.
This time the theme was The Lost art of Love Letters.

If you are intersted in doing a page a week, visit
Journal52 promts HERE.

Here is the background to my page:
I started with coloring the background red with distress paints,
but that was just todark so I put a layer of gesso on top 
with a creditcard to soften the color.

Then I used a heart template and a word stamp.
The suitcase stamp by Tim Holtz you may wonder about,why?
Well my husband keeps all my cards in a special vintage
looking suitcase. He needs another one though! ;-)

The enveloppes on the page i made with the envelop punch
board by We R Memory Keepers. And the hearts
I cut out with my spellbinders.

Thanks for looking.

Have a creative day!





6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning with a wonderful mixed media feel. Love envelopes with the hearts.
{I would love you to take part in my 800 Follower Give-away where everyone is a winner who enters. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Vicki said...

I just love this page. The envelopes with the hearts spilling out just really touched me.

Claudine said...

Loving this journal page, it's beautiful!! Loving that quote too.

JoZart Designs said...

Fabulous heart page. I love the way they are all peeking out of the envelopes and also love the colours. So good to get away from the standard RED of hearts for Valentines.
Thanks for your comment, sorry I can't make plans to go to the show this year, but really wish I could plan. We have a new grandson and want to visit them in Germany as much as we can. Our other two are in Brighton so it's a lot of travelling.
Jo x

alifefullofpassion said...

Your love notes are adorable! thank you for sharing and inspiring us :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous pages, fun and just pretty! Love the envelopes!