Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Club Scrap Cinema! Blog Hop

This is the  Club Scrap Cinema! collection
of August 2014. Did you get your pizzabox delivered?
So it is time to hop and see what fun project
you can use the papers and stamps for.

I hope you came over here
from the wonderful Tricia,who always has
 such efficient ideas on her blog HERE.

I love this new kit, for my DH and I very often go to
the Cinema, just not always.
So sometimes we just have to do with a dvd. 
As it was  his birthday this week I gave him
a dvd and of course had it nicely wrapped
and added some popcorn just for the fun
of having a great evening.

So now YOU want to know how I made this
dvd wrapper? Well, here come the instructions:
Take one of the 12x12 papers of your choice
and cut it two 2 pieces of 5,5 inch by 8,5 inch.
I love the one paper with the end, that I will be using for 
the backside of the wrapper.
Score both papers at the bottom at 3/4 inch.

If you like you can round of the top corners
of the wrapper with a corner punch.
Decorated the wrapper to your taste
or just leave the papers as is.
This is the template for the pocket on the front of
the wrapper. Use a contrasting color and decorate.
I used the absolutely fun washi tape that was in the box 
and the unmounted rubber stamps for decoration.
After stamping add adhesive tape on the outer part
of the pocket and glue to the wrapper.


At the bottom of the wrapper I made two slits on either
side of the fold to thread the organza ribbon for
closing the wrapper.

Here is the complete finished present all wrapped
up and the popcorn added in the pocket:


This is the backside of the wrapper.
Here I added a star and a filmstrip
with the use of some of the UM stamps


and a punch to make the filmstrip.

So what is a gift without a card?
If you do not have popcorn available, you
could use the front pocket for your card!
The card is made with one of the panels
that was left over after cutting the 12x12 paper.
Hope you like the dvd gift wrap idea.
You can use it for any theme dvd
and even decorate the paper accordingly.

Now for more ideas hop over to Kay,
who always comes up with the most fantastic
ideas. I can't wait to see what she has in store for
us this time HERE.

And if you loose your way,you can always go to
where you find the complete list of participants.

PS
I also have some Cinema! cards over at the
Technique Junkies Design Blog HERE

Thanks very much for stopping by
and have a creative day!












20 comments:

Annette said...

movie and popcorn - Mr. Wonderful is going to get this wonderful idea at Christmas this year.

Tricia Morris said...

Happy birthday, Raymond! Hetty, that was a terrific gift wrapping idea! I'll bet he loved it! Thanks for sharing the steps and for hopping with us.

Ruby Wilkes said...

Great Idea, I will have to try it for Christmas gifts. TFS

Lisa Kay--Paper Artist said...

What a fun and unique way to give a gift! And the popcorn pocket--clever! Will be saving this idea for future gift-giving. Thanks, Hetty!

Queen of Dishing said...

I agree with everyone, this is something we can use over and over for DVD gifts!! Thanks so much (and I love the front popcorn pocket!

Donna Nuce said...

Sweet gift idea -- movie and popcorn and wrapped in beautiful Cinema paper! Very clever Hetty! Have a great day!

Donna Nuce said...

Love the movie and popcorn idea! This Cinema collection is very versatile! Have a great day Hetty and wish your hubby a Happy Birthday from me!

Marya said...

Hetty, that is so cute!!! I love the wrapping and the pocket for the popcorn is perfect. I love the matching card as well - a perfect package! Thanks for sharing.

Kathie S said...

Beautiful, Hetty! I love this idea!

Kay Williamson said...

Wow, what a great clever idea, and so appropriate! You couldn't have used the Cinema paper in way :)

Jill P said...

Hetty you gave me a good idea for men's birthdays. I love your projject and the cards are good too.

Capescrapper said...

Hetty what a clever package for his birthday present! Love all the details!

Regina Harris said...

What a great use of Cinema for a DvD wrapper and popcorn -- wonderful gift idea particularly for DvD of family pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Classygirl said...

What a wonderful idea. The gift wrapping is perfect and so cute! Love it!

Ink Stained Roni said...

What a fun gift idea! It's lovely and your card is perfect...specially since you tucked in his very own popcorn!

Great idea - TFS!!

Unknown said...

This is a great idea to make a gift beautiful, too. I love your pocket popcorn, too.

CathyJGray said...

Great gift and wonderful idea, the pocket on the front was a wonderful addition, love the cards too!

rettaescape said...

Very nice way to wrap DVDs as a gift! I will have to use this idea!

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a great gift idea . . . I'm totally tucking this away for future use. Thanks, Hetty!

Lisa K. said...

So cute! Love it!