Saturday, August 23, 2014

Post-It Note Holder

Today I have for you a little gift idea.
I made this post-it note holder inspired
on a video tutorial I found, while looking for ideas
on what you can do with the envelop punch board.

The video that I found is HERE, but then
I could not find these tiny blocks of post-it notes.
So I took a normal block and made my own version.
If you find these tiny ones, you can use the video,
if you rather use a bigger one this is what I used:
* a post-it block 5 x 3 inch
* Michael Strong flower stamp and die
* elastic band
*button and wax thread
* designer paper and plain paper both 5,5 x 7,5 inch

The contruction of the holder
is the same as on the video tutorial.
I folded the paper at 3,5 inch and 4 inch
and also cut of the 1/4 inch strip.

I enlarged the tabs by 1/2 an inch to be able
to stamp the "for you" sentiment.

To open the older you take op the elastic.
If you want you can also fasten this to the 
holder. I stappled the elastic together.

The button helped to sew on the flower with one stictch
on the elastic band.
One flower is stamped,embossed and colored.
The second flower is just cut out of dark
green paper with the metalic flower die.

Here is just another idea on how to use your
envelop punch board. Thanks for dropping by.

Creative greetings,



1 comment:

Laura said...

Beautiful, Hetty! Love how you have 2 flowers, the one underneath framing the beauty on top! Also love the leaf stamping on the "file folder"!
Thanks for blogging it to, so we can return here for your tutorial!!!
hugs,
Laura