Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pink Ribbon

October is the month of
breast cancer awareness.
It is important to keep on checking
yourself and supporting others.

I have a little project today
that you can use as a gift or as
a thank you.

These little boxes can be filled with sweets
or a little gift. They are made with a thinlits die by  Stampin'Up!
This is the die. You cut out this shape twice
to make one box.

For these boxes I chose some pink paper from
a  designer papers block.

Glue them together like thi and fold the
outsides upwards.

First the parts with the handles and hold them together
and slip the other parts over the handle one by oneand the box is ready.
As the paper is already quite busy,  I made a little
card with the box.
For decoration I used Michael Strong's Cloisonné Accent 
circle stamp. Stamp the circle with versamark and
emboss with white embossing powder. Then cut out with
a circle punch.
These circles I used to conscruct a bra on top of the
card with pink ribbon and some sticky gemstones.
The text is printed with the computer.

The other box I decorated with the bra.
Here you see how I did that:
On the folding line I cut little slits to pull
the ribbon through to the back.

On the backside I taped the ribbon down.

Here the finished box with a label I found on internet.
I have been looking high and low to add the link to this blog,
but could not find it any more. I hope the maker is not offended
by me sharing this freebie with you:

Stay strong
and have a creative day!








No comments: