Saturday, October 3, 2015

Owl be making cards!


Welcome to my blog on this special day
of card making.
Of course I had to have something here to share with you.
After a week of making coffee cards, I had to set my mind
to something else. I found a great challenge on the
There was this owl image as a FREEBIE.
You can grab it too, it is
Now there is a catch to it:
if you use it on a card and link it up to
the post on Create with TLC you rceive another
freebie in your email and..........
your card willalsobe entered in a drawing for
a $ 10,- certificae in the CTlc store!

For the background see below.
The image is coloredwit pencil and I used
the woodgrain stencil to make the background
to the image.

I made these backgrounds with alcohol ink.
You put a few drops of ink on your craft sheet
and add a few drops of alcohol blending solutions too.
Then with glossy paper you pickup these colors and 
have a beautiful coloredbackground.
The twopapers on the left i run through the big shot with
an embossing folder with a tree image.
For the right paper I took a stencil and added
some texture paste on top, let it air dry and
colored it with expresso ground distress ink.

So with the first image,my theme was set: owls!

this card is made with the owl stamp
by Michael Strong. The sentiment is from Club Scrap
It's a Hoot kit. The owl is stamped on some
paper I had lying around and embossed with silver. 
Little yellow gemstones for the eyes. The tree
branch is  a die by Tim Holtz.

And the last card, is my first Christmas card for this year.
I found this cute owl set on Create with TLC and just had to have it!
The image is colored with distress markers.

Happy Owlidays S2 Vintage image and Word Art Set
You find it HERE.



Have a creative day!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ze zijn leuk, Hetty!
En je hebt ze een schitterende achtergrond gegeven ;-)
Groet Hannie

Beth Norman said...

What cute cards. I really like your backgrounds you made. They look so good on your cards. Did I tell you I collect owls, so I definitely like your cards.

SewPaperPaint said...

Happy, happy WCMD! What a fabulous collection of owl cards!!! Happy hopping!

mamablitger said...

Hetty you created the most amazing owl cards. So cute and pretty. Especially I love the wood backgrounds which you kindly explained how to make. Great work.
Thank you so much for sharing. I wish you a lovely Sunday.
Hugs from Monica

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! my goodness, these are just beautiful cards, love them all, so different.

I have just spent a lovely time looking through your clever and artistic projects, I just had to become a follower,

Lisa Lynn said...

Hetty great owl cards. Love the background paper - you are so creative!