Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring is in the air

Grab our blog badge

For today i play with a mixed media blog called
and they have Spring around the corner.
This is my Spring card with another fun stencil technique
I picked up at my Club Scrap friend Roni's Blog.
A technique with stencils and gelatos.
Thanks for the inspiration Roni!

The stencil and papers I use for this card are from 
Club Scraps Woven Strand kit.
So for this technique you rub some of the colors
of your choice onto the stencil.

Then i took the texture paste and rubbed it over the 
stencil. Now it takes the color of the gelatos into the
paste and colors it randomly.

This is how it looks with the stencil stil there in place.

and this is how it looks when the stencil is out.

I wanted to give it a little more color
and added some orange dylusion spray
and some gold glimmer mist for the bling.

Now onto the stamping: I got my new distress crayons and 
wanted to try stamping with them. You wet the stamp and color
the stamp with it and stamp.
Here are a few of the images I  stamped, because 
I am going tolayer the flower on the card.
I cut out 3 flowers for this and some foam tape in between.

Here another  close up of the center of the card.
The flower and the sentiment are from the
Weathered Floral rubber stamps by Club Scrap.

Thank you for looking!
Have a creative day!



7 comments:

Ink Stained Roni said...

Beautiful card Hetty! So glad you have it a try!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Really like the Celtic knot and the colour, your buttons are gorgeous.

Lisa D said...

Great technique, Hetty! Time to break out those gelatos again ;-)

kiwimeskreations said...

Thanks for sharing this technique Hetty - your card is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Vintagehandmade said...

Beautiful vibrant card and awesome technique! Your colours are gorgeous! Thank you very much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DTx

Laura said...

Amazing artwork on your card, Hetty!! Just beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

SewPaperPaint said...

I have learned so much from your fabulous tips and tricks. This is a stunning card design and I love the varied green hues. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps & Stencils!