Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday sketch card: giraffe

This card is for the sketch challenge
on the Michael Strong Stamp group.

This is the sketch and as you can see
for the card it is turned around.

To start the background I used a stencil and
vintage photo and fossilized amber distress ink.

Here you see the finished back panel.

For the next oiece i used the acacia leave.
But as I did not want the border to show,
so I colored the leave with a distress marker.
I used several kinds of green to fill out the paper.

On the card i used the giraffe stamp by Michael Strong
You find the stamp here.
I stamped the giraffe with brown archival ink and
colored with the same to inks as i used for the background.
Just added some ink on my craftsheet, sprayed a little 
water and used a brush for coloring. The birthday sentiment
is also by Michael Strong and comes from the words
and phrases set.
I also decorated the giraffe with little yellow sticky gemstones.
The green panel behind the giraffe is also embossed.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous effect with the giraffe markings, then the leaf paper and the fab image, a Wonderful card.
Faith
x.

Jerrie said...

I love your backgrounds to go with your giraffe! It is amazing you have lots of prints and they all work together! What a fun card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

SO fun- love all of the layers. I love the gems you added too.

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card, Hetty! I love how you made the stencil bg! ...and how you used those same colors on the giraffe itself! Came out soooo pretty!!! Also like how you made the leaves background layer!! Looks perfect together! Mike's birthday sentiment has such a pretty font!! Have to think about getting that set!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Hetty - love the backgrounds and the fabulous stamp and how you have coloured it.
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman said...

Wonderful card. I like how you stenciled a giraffe background. Your giraffe is very cute.