Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Various challenges in a Christmas card

Ok, let's start the Christmas cards.
Doing challenges is the way I make my cards every year.
I don't like makinging many of the same cards.

I have been noticing this color challange thing going on
and thought it would be fun to follow it for this month.
So the challenge for today is to create a background.
Here is the background I created.
I used this pine leave stencil first on the
background panel and stamped the sentiment.
Next I took the swiss dot embossing folder
and rand the background panel through
the big shot and this is the result.

For the colors of my card I choose the 
with the fun color that was me for Halloween,
but I love making non traditional Christmas cards.

The eyecatcher is the bauble on the card
(which is a SU! die) with a bling gemstone
in the heart of it.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


6 comments:

Kathy Rac said...

Love your festive holiday card and the colors you picked. Great background to compliment the ornament. :)

CupcakeInspirations said...

Oh love this holiday card! Great use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope to see more of your creativity in upcoming challenges!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Maxine D said...

What a great and VERY interesting background Hetty - love the way you have used the colours and the die cut to create a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is gorgeous, Hetty! I love this colour combo! The ornament is spectacular!

Sandy said...

Hi Hetty! Great colors for a holiday card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
-Sandy,DT

Naki said...

Hello Hetty, it's been a while! I love your take on the colors this week, it's absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!