Friday, June 9, 2017

Patriotic Butterfly

My card today is for a Patriotic Challenge

You find the details of the challenge and some
samples HERE.
I have been sharing some butterfly cards on the 
Michael Strong Yahoo group and when you cut the butterfly
with the matching metal die, you are left with a 
wonderful shaped piece of paper. I had the idea of
doing something behind it and when I saw the challenge, 
I had the idea of using some washi tape for this theme.
So I cut a piece of cardstock a little smaller than
the die cut piece and covere it with washi tape.

You see how wonderful it looks when adding the
die cut piece.. Before glueing it down fold the
washi tape to the back of the piece of cardstock.
I also wanted to stamp and it first with the flowers.

The little holes that are also there from cutting I covered
with tiny flowers.
The butterfly and flower stamps are by Michael Strong.
The ribbon is by Diana Larson and hand dyed.

Behind the butterfly I also stamped the red and blue flowers
with oxide distress ink. The sentiment is by Verve Stamps.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another inventive and clever card Hetty.
Faith
x

LUCYG said...

OK, this is just adorable, Hetty. And so patriotic. ;)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a creative way to use the negative die cut Hetty - stunning!
Blessings
Maxine