Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

On this wonderful day for mothers, grandmothers
and mothers-to-be I had to make cards
with the lovely Club Scrap Lavender Fields kit.
Cards for the Mother's and a little gift (besides a bunch of flowers).
This card is made partly with the hybrid kit
and partly with the rubber stamps.

I started out making the background with the
lavender stamps. I colored the stamps with my zig markers
and alternately using the larger and the smaller flower.
When finished stamping I splattered some purple 
splashes on the background with my watercolor brush.

The center part of the card is layered with a green
rosette, a purple circle die cut and a centiment in a 
circle of lavender. This circle is an image from the
Lavender Fields hybrid kit as well as te sentiment.
I added the typed up Mom in the Tox Typewriter font.
And with a ribbon and 3 sticky pearls the card is finished.

And here is one with a green background. 
The background is made with the direct
to paper technique and green ink
(rubbing ink on your craftsheet, adding
a splash of water to it and pick op the ink
with your background paper).

Also i made this little gift. It is a sparkling lavender
bath tablet by Kneipp.

I wrapped some burlap around it, tied it with a piece of hemp.
As the lavender is not in the garden yet, I added this fake
lavender (from the dollar store) and another printed
Mother's Day circle sentiment ( a little smaller then the card)
as a tag on the hemp. Could also be a cute teacher's gift!

 Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!



5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Hetty - you really are getting the most out of this set! Love the way you have presented the gift too.
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman said...

Wow, stunning results. I love the way you laid out your lavender in a circle.

Lisa said...

GORGEOUS! I must check out this Lavender fields... beautiful and your cards are so lovely and that awesome little gifty! Love it all!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, LOVE the gift in hemp.
Faith
x

Wendy Bellino said...

You make the CUTEST little gifts! Love your Mother’s Day creations Hetty!