Saturday, November 2, 2019

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the 

Today I will reveal how I came a coffee card addict:
In 2003 I became a member of Club Scrap.
They have montly Scrap and or stamp kits.
I noticed they had a kit called Mocha Java that I really like,
but unfortunately was sold out. 
I am not such a coffee addict(just black coffee and not all these
different flavours - except PSL), but i love the colors and
the images. So I got a few Club Scrap Mocha Java stamps
through ebay and started making coffee cards with every kit
I received and a lot of people where cheering on, because they
also wanted those stamps. 
So a few years later (March 2007) there was Mocha Java Remix
and by then most members of Club Scrap knew me by my coffee cards.

So you understand, I am so happy that Club Scrap is 
a Super Sponsor to my coffee addiction and so great
that they are now sponsering the blog hop.

Some of my Club Scrap coffee collection.


So, today I have two coffee cards with Club Scrap
papers, images and stencil.
The cup is a die by SU! and the coffee is a die
by Verve Stamps.

I used the stencil from the September Falling Leaves
kit. It is still available HERE.
There is also a collage cut file for plotters HERE.

I tried with sprays first. I laid the stencil down on 
aquarel paper and sprays de stencil in Autumn colors,
but when the stencil was lifted, it was too wet,
but when I turned the stencil and pressed it to another
piece of aquarel paper, I got this beautiful background.

The sentiment and globe stamp are from the
October Expeditions kit and you find it HERE.

After cutting the paper, I used a piece of scrap to
decorate the inside of the card.

For this card I laid down the stencil and used different
Autumn colors of distress oxide inks and a blending tool.
You see the same stamps, but also some wonderful
leaves behind the cup. Those are dies that came with the
September Falling Leaves kit. You find those HERE.

Don't foget to leave a comment HERE
for my GIVEAWAY stamp sets.

Thank you for looking
and have a latte creative day!









21 comments:

New Creations said...

I love that stencil background in fall colors, so bright and beautiful projects! Love them!

Esther Asbury said...

What awesome fall backgrounds you made with that leaf stencil! Love these cards!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those cards are fantastic. I love the backgrounds you have made for them.

CarlavdM said...

Leuke kaarten (ook die van gisteren) heb je weer gemaakt Hetty.
Vervelend van je schouder...beterschap gewenst.

Shelly said...

These are beautiful!

Lagene said...

Awesome cards!!!

Fikreta said...

these are so beautiful!

Christine said...

Beautiful fall backgrounds, Hetty!

Billie A said...

Awesome cards. So pretty

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so great, you are the famous coffee card maker. These are super cute.

Lisa Lynn said...

Hetty those backgrounds are just lovely on your beautiful coffee cards.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! NOW I understand your love of coffee cards, which you make so beautifully. I Love the leaves on these and the sentiment.
Faith x

Theresa B said...

These are great, Hetty,
thanks for sharing about the products you used with stencils. I’m still experimenting with them.

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving these gorgeous backgrounds using the stencil Hetty - beautiful cards too :)
Blessings
Maxine

mamawcindy said...

Love both of your cards!

Nikki said...

Beautiful cards and iikr the idea of using scraps inside smart :)

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful stencil work on these cards, Hetty. Love the Fall coloring.
Hope you are feeling better!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very clever idea with the earth stamp on the coffee cup. Well done!

Laura said...

Wonderful cards, Hetty! Just love your story about how you became a coffee card addict! It's fun to see the 9 cards from the past and also these lovely fall coffee cards!!! Amazing backgrounds! Such pretty colors! Thanks for sharing!

sarascloset said...

I have enjoyed all of your coffee cards, but these are my favorites! I just love your pretty fall backgrounds! I'm happy to see you are a fan of the PSL, too!

Sue D said...

Great cards and I enjoyed your Club Scrap story.