Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother´s Day!

These are strange times and visiting my Mother
in the care home for Mother´s Day is still a no go.
So my brother and i went on Friday to bring my Mom
a card and flowers. We had to stay behind the glass
 and she was inside (hard for her to understand).

So here my card, for I do hope we soon can have a cup of
tea together and not behind glass!
I also made this card with some of the left overs from
papers I made with my gelli plate for the challenge on the
Club Scrap Chat on Facebook.

Here my cut out for the card.

I started making the background with the teabag stamp
from Club Scrap special kit Infusion (2014) and 
white embossing powder for a resist technique.

Coloring the paper with walnut stain distress oxide ink.

Here the finished background pannel.
The white teabags came out beautiful.

So this is my sentiment of the day
in good hope that we soon can do this again.

Happy Mother's Day to all
mother's, grandmothers and great grandmothers!

Thanks for looking,
stay safe
and keep crafting!






5 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Great card Hetty. So sorry that it's so hard for your Mom to understand. Hopefully soon you can go and have tea with her.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Hetty - I can see the baffled look on your mothers face - how hard it must be for you all in this peculiar situation.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and it is sad that your Mom was upset and did not understand but hopefully she still loved your distanced visit.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO sad to be parted like that Hetty, but I'm sure your beautiful card helped somewhat.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!
sad that you where beg+hind glass...