Sunday, September 19, 2021

Touch of Midas


 Last night there was another zoomclass by
The theme of the class was:
A touch of Midas.
This was because on all the cards gold paper and gold
embossing powder was used. 
I will share with you all the cards we made:
Mine are not exactly as the ones Mike showed and sharded,
because I did not rceive a package of cards from Mike.
Not because it is late, but because here in the Netherlands
we have to pay extra VAT on packages from outside the EEG.
So on top of the zoomclass fee I had to pay an extra $7.
This makes these cards way to expensive. So...the solution
is that Mike sends me instructions via email and I use all
my own papers and stamps I have.
For this card the Silhouette Panel stamps where used
and a wide ribbon (one from my stash).
Behind iets panel there is a square of black, just a litte
larger than the stamped square.
For this card (we made the black one in class) the new mirror
image octagon stamp was used (not on the cataloge yet)
Stamp the image twice on black and one on white paper
both embossed in gold. Cut out and devide through
 the middle square. Great guy card!
So for this card you do not need any stamp (even though 
you see the small flower stamp - my own addition).

The left card is the one we did in class. It should have 
a real nice gold ribbon with leaves, but i did not have anything
like it in my stash, so I added the flower in the middle.
As from the instructions I was not sure of the grid measurements
(1 1/4 squares), I made the smaller squares and the blue version
is my own with little blue dots scattered over the grid.

The tiny squares are punched out of a piece of embossed
gold paper.
For the left card I used one of the accent stamps and the small flower.
Both embossed with gold on gold paper and cut out.
The background design and green paper are from my stash.
Instead of a ribbon that was used on the original card, I used 
this beautiful wool from my stash as well as some sticky glitter
accents.

The right card was the easiest card. I received these panels to
print and cut out to attach on top of each other with some foam
tape. Around the flowers I used a gold pen (not very visble on the photo).
Out of my own I added the gold ribbon and the sentiment (Dutch for
gett well).

               So this card is inspired by Mike's card, but I had to make
 the background myself. And the circle should be a hand stamp,
 but I did a lot of searching through my stamps 
(I have it!!), but could not find it.

For the background I used several distress oxide inks and then I
used the stencil (Mike's design by Club Scrap) and on top I
stamped Mike's handstamp that wass issued 11 years ago for
a retreat by Club Scrap, where Michael was a guest designer.
The kit of this retreat was called Connection and came with wonderful
papers, this stencil and more rubber stamps.

The round circle stamp (matching the stencil) is from the set 

Feel free to come over to our Facebookgroup for more
information:

Thank you very much for looking.
Stay safe and keep crafting.


















3 comments:

Fikreta said...

Wonderful cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your cards are just fabulous Hetty, I love each and everyone. As I do of Michaels designs. I know what you mean about the VAT, it does alter the price of things badly on occasions.
Hope all is well.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning selection of cards Hetty, and how accommodating of Michael to send you the instructions via email so you can sort out your own cards.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine