Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dude Time Doodles Inspirational Challenge

This month's theme at the
anything *BUT* a card

Some of you are cringing at the thought. "All I do is cards." This challenge is designed to get you out of your comfort zone and thinking outside the fold...ahem, I mean dugout. Okay, outside the box!! The Design Team took the challenge and man, oh man, they really out did themselves! Go to the DTD Challenge Blog and see all the delicious inspiration.

And here is mine:
I made this tool/candy altered altoid tin box for my DH
for Valentine (it is hidden in the closet now).

For this project I used
Cole Miner digital design stamp
by Bonibleux Digital Designs
and the sentiment is by Create with TLC

So I took 2 empte altoid tin boxes and linked them together
on the inside with 2 bolts and nuts.
Fotr this I hammered two holes in the bottom one and the top of
the other box with a big nail.
The handle I got at a hardware store.
Then I dinished my soft dring out of a can and vut it appart.
I drew the lid of the box on paper and than cut it out of the metal can.
As you can see I run it through my cuttlebug with this gars embossingfolder.
Afterwards I added some black stazon ink to make it look worn.
I colored the cole miner with copic markers.
The sentiment is printed with the computer and cut out with a punch.
Also a larger circle in black is punched out and they
are attached by some foam tape. In between
I added some wire to make it look like a bomb.
I added some bolts in the top and some candy in the bottom
to show you it can be used for all kinds of small objects.
THE RULES
1. Use the creations of the Design Team as inspiration.
   Remember, anything BUT a card.

2. You are not required to use BDD images although it would
    make us really really happy and giggle a lot if you did!

3. MUST be a masculine themed card, you can use humor,
    innuendo, be a little naughty, sarcastic, but it has got to be for a DUDE!

4. Be sure to use the InLinkz on the DTD Challenge Blog to submit your creation.

You have one week to link up your projects. We will post the TOP THREE WINNERS and the TOP BLOG WINNER right here on January 25th at 12 PM CST

Have a creative day!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Just fabulous Hetty. So clever and useful too. Great inspiration.

jimlynn said...

So cute and just amazing how you did this! Fabulous project.
Lynn

Anne Temple said...

How very ingenious! Love everything about this project!

Cleota said...

Hetty, this is fabulous! I love how you created the top of the tin with the can, cuttlebug and ink! Looks very authentic!

Alyna said...

its so amazing. just love everything abt it, the color combo, the image, your coloring and all.
its fantastic.
happy crafting.
Alyna xxx

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

What a creative & cute idea!! and functional!! :o)

Take care Hetty and STAY POSITIVE!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Hetty this is soooo COOL! I love how the metal came out! What a cute little gift idea - you could fill it with all kinds of goodies!!

Chrissy D said...

Hetty - this is FABULOUS! I love the metal embossing on the top and the top of the tin too!