Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sizzix and Tim Holtz

Hi there,
Today finally my prize from Sizzix arrived.
It is a wonderful die with numbers
that I think goes great with my word play die.
Now to come up with some fun designs.
Thank you so much Sizzix
for picking me!

Of course I had to look on the Sizzix Blog
and I noticed the wonderful Bon Voyage tag
by Tammy Tutterow and this
inspired me to make the following
tag with my new Tim Holtz stamps.

As I am of to the US end of this year
I thought it would be fun to have the
airplaine stamps to use for my scrapbook.
But of course I had to play with it now.

Starting with the background I show
you how I build this tag.
 As the airplain is up in the clouds,
I cut out a cloud from a piece of paper and
used this as a mask to make this background
with broken china and a blender tool.
 When done I took my swirls embossing folder 
and run tag and folder through the Vagabond.
 This is how it looks when finsished.
Of course I distressed the outside and added
'some more broken chine with my blender tool.
 Then I used my stamps and
cut them out with scissors and used some vintage photo
distress ink around it. The airplain I colored with 
a silver gelpen. Also I found some of my US boarding
passes from one of my previous trips and used it  for this tag.
As I have some boarding passes left, 
I sure going to use them for some future art.
 This is the top of the tag with a chain instead of
a ribbon to give it more of a luggage tag look
and a token hanging from this. I choose the one with wander
written on it. No explanation needed I guess.
 Her the bottom part of the tag with everything 
coming together in a collage kind of way. 
The text was printed on kraft paper, cut out and 
distressed. On the compass I added one
of the game spinners from the idea-ology collection.
 Have a creative day!


10 comments:

Caroline said...

Great prize, hours of fun with those numbers. Love the tag you made!!

Photocat said...

Prachtig gedaan Hetty... Is je arm weer beter? Al nieuws van het baby front?
Ik ben er zeker van dat jou Amerika boek voor dit jaar een succes zal worden. Keep up the good work!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Wonderful travel tag. I especially like the collage at the bottom of the tag. If you haven't yet, you should post it to the ATT June challenge as it is travel.

Lisa and Elaine at Destination Art said...

Hi Hetty
this is a wonderful tag and tutorial.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs across the miles!
Lisa and Elaine at Destination Art!

Anne Temple said...

Amazing and so very creative!!

Belinda Basson said...

I love the way you made the clouds. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary said...

What a great tag. Good work. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa :) said...

Beautiful tag Hetty! Love how you did the background!

inge said...

Dag Hetty,

heel mooie tag !
Je achtergrond met de wolken vind ik perfect. Een eenvoudig idee met de uitgeknipte wolk, maar ik vind het resultaat prachtig.
mooie collage met de rest van de stempels en "ephemera".
Ga je dit gebruiken in een travelalbum of was dit gewoon eentje omdat het leuk is om te maken :)

groetjes uit Belgiƫ
Inge

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love love love the background Hetty!!! Fabulous! And it makes this plane really rock! Gorgeous tag!