Saturday, January 18, 2014

Journal52 - 2: Somewhere, a Simple Place

Here is my second page for my Art Journal.
The theme is "Somewhere, a Simple Place..."

There are many places where I like to be,but the best
place is home:home where he is and
home were my art is.

I started this page by laying down some stencils
and spraying a few colors of dylusion spray ink.
The page just grew by adding stamps,doodeling and 
words. It is a journey tomake a page and I like that a lot.
The stamps I used are the home and the coffee cups
(left over from the cover) by Michael Strong
and the leaves are from the Dylusion Stamps
by Ranger.

The words have been handwritten with some 
doodling around them.The works have been colored with 
a white gelpen.

The clouds heve been made with a stencil. I first applied
a layer of gessoand let it dry. Then I used the stencil again
to aplly blue distress ink (stormy sky) and used a black
pen to doodle around the clouds.

Thanks for looking.


Have a creative day!



3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is seriously artistic. Just love it. So many little details to feast on. You should put it on canvas.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Meme said...

I love this Hetty!
I am now a follower on your blog!
You have some GREAT stuff here!

Thanks for popping by my blog!
I will be keep an eye on your blog for sure! Many things to see and learn.

Laura said...

Such a fun art journal layout, Hetty! Love How you used Michael Strong's house and coffee cup stamps!!! And the clouds and the colors and EVERYTHING! You have such a artistic eye for color and design!!! Thanks for sharing, hugs,
Laura