Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Club Scrap Febuary Blog Hop: Succulents

Welcome to our monthly blog hop
and I hope you have arrived here from 
and seen her wonderful eye candy.

If you loose your way in the hop, you
can always find all the participants on the

The kit for Febuary is called Succulents:
Here you see the colors of the kit and how many 
scrapbook pages you can make out of it if you
use the ALSB (assemblyline scrapbook) method.
Online you can download all the instructions and
cut as is written there to get all the pages.

So here is one of the pages (if you look at the 
instructions it is layout 3). My dh and I went to a spa
2 weeks ago. We got this as a present from his work.
He worked there for 40 years. We had a great time!
I handlettered this on the paper and it says exactly
how we felt. 
Not only is the paper great for scrapbook pages,
it is also wonderful for making cards. The kit
also comes with a great set of rubber stamps.
Visit the Club Scrap store and have a look at the
Jumbo, Art Nouveau and Greetings unmounted
rubber stamps.

For my card I used the Jumbo stamps. This kind of
card is called a center step card and there are instructions
all over the web. I do have the template here for you:


Cut and fold as the template shows and you get
this free standing card with a platform in the
center that is perfect for decorations.

As this kit is ful of plants, of cource this card
gets a pot with one of the succulents and when 
you pull the plant out of the pot it has a sentiment
stamped on the card inside the pot.

And now for my cutest project:

If you have been following my blog, you
might have seen these food jars also for 
Valentine. I was inspired after seeing
this project on the blog of Tim Holtz.
I made love jars for my daughters and my husband,
but the suddenly I got this idea with the 
succulent inside the jar.
And with some perfect pictures of 
the twins I got to work.  
So cleaning the jar, spraying the lid gold
and having a handy husband to make the
hole in the lid and find the right hardware
in the garage (he alsways has the right stuff I need).
Inside the jar I made a tiny flowerpot with
the dark red paper. Inside there is some quick
drying clay in wich  I added the succulent
(it is not a real one). Around it I added a few 
tiny grey stones for balance. Around the jar
I added one of the cutaparts that I stamped
with red and the word love. I used double sided
tape to glue this strip to the jar.
For my card I used one of the photo mats
that came with the kit and folded it in half.
For decoration I used parts from the
cutaparts that also come with the kit
as well as a bag of buttons.
You find the cut aparts here.

Here is the card from the inside.
All the sentiments are just perfect. Club scrap
always knows what I need!

And finally I have a box for you.
I found a video tutorial and
thought this is perfect for this paper.
I love the shape! Great gift box.
You need your envelop punchboard./
You find the turorial here:



It is a great box for a little sweet gift.

So, enough ideas...no...want more?!
Well, hop over to
Pam's Blog.
and see what she has come up with.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!

20 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hetty these projects are wonderful - love the one for the twins in particular. The sentiment on the cactus centre step card is hilarious - thanks for the smile
Blessings
Maxine

Trix said...

Great card, Hetty!
I like your succulent love jar too.

Annette said...

Hetty - as always you are an inspiration. Great projects and explanations. Love the jars and what a cool idea.

Ink Stained Roni said...

WOW Hetty! So many fun items this month!! What a fun gift from your husbands work ~ looks like you had fun.

Love the gift jar - how did your DH attach the clip to the threaded rod? I may have to make a couple of those myself.

Your plant card and gift boxes are lovely as well... It's always so much fun to see what you come up with! TFS :)

Fenny said...

Met bewondering jouw blog weer bekeken Hetty en er is maar 1 woord voor: WOW.
Wat ben jij toch heerlijk creatief en wat heb je toch een heerlijke fantasie. Geweldig....!!

liefs van Fenny

Donna said...

Hetty, so many fabulous projects!!! My favorite was the cactus card!

Capescrapper said...

WOW Hetty, you have been very busy! All of your projects are wonderful.
The little candy holder is so sweet, and the layout is so much fun, what a wonderful day you and Ray must have had. :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful projects Hetty!
Hugs
Cheryl

Lisa D said...

Oh My! So many great projects to try! The fancy fold card will be the first one.

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Hetty, these projects are awesome sauce!!! TFS the instructions

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Hetty, these projects are awesome sauce!!! TFS the instructions.

Kay Williamson said...

As usual it looks like you guys are busy enjoying life and creating great memories, it all shows in your awesome projects. And wow, lots of fun projects this month, you've been busy!

Tricia Morris said...

Heavens, your blog is packed full of great ideas! Your image choice for the center step card was absolutely perfect. I love how it turned out!

APeeling Crafts said...

Hetty! Every single project is amazing! You really went above and beyond with these!Love

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! WOW Hetty, what a wonderful amount of beautiful projects, LOVE them all, great scrap page, love the card, the clever jars, you wouldn't know that wasn't a real succulent, a perfect picture holder. The box is a wonderful shape, I'll have to look it up. Fabulous work.
Faith
x

Karen Wyngaard said...

Love it all! Such a great variety of projects...but my fave is the jar photo holder. That would make a really fun gift!

jen t. said...

Gorgeous projects!!!

debduzscrappin said...

WOW look at all the fun stuff you made - love your hand lettering! Looks awesome!!

Finding Your Niche said...

Wow Hetty....gorgeous projects. Thanks for the tutorial for your card.

Lilian said...

Oh, wow! These are all wonderful projects!!! I really like the pull tag from the card!