Saturday, May 21, 2011

Club Scrap Die Cutter's Blog Hop

Today me and my friends
- Club Scrap lovers -
want to show you what you can do with your
Club Scrap paper and one of the die cut machines.

I still have one of the first Cricut machines
( the smaller one)
and to be honest I don't do anything
spectacular with it. Mainly I use it for cutting
letters. I love all the alphabets.

Today I want to share with you a little booklet that was made
with the "Storybook" cardtridge.
I started  with cutting the pages for my booklet
at 5 1/2 inch with
using different colors of Club Scrap
Lotus Pond papers.
A total of 10 different pages were cut.
To make the outerpages a little more sturdy,
cut 2 pages out of grey bord by tracing
with a pencil
the ones you cut out with your machine.
Then cut them out.
Use bookbinding glue to adhere 2 pages: one to the front
and one to the back of the grey board.
Do the same  for the backpage.
Choose the pictures and print them.
I have a wonderful free program called
Picasa, where you can print in all sizes
and this time I choose to print them wallet size.


Back to the Cricut and the letters
for the front page were cut and on the edges
some ink was added.


Me and no stamps? No......!
So I got  the Lotus pond stamps out,
ink and my Karisma pencils.

When all pages are finished,
pile them together and punch a whole
and use a bookbinding ring to hold
them together. Decorate the ring
with ribbons and charms.

Here you see the result of it all:


Front page: cut out lettering, stamps
and ribbons. Extra charms: dragonfly and frog.
I chose the water lily theme because
my water lilies started to bloom yesterday and I just
remembered I have so many beautiful pictures
of them that I can use in a booklet.
Pictures, scrap background, stamps and a cut out form
that is stamped on.


Pictures and stamped images.


Pictures, stamped images and ribbon.


Fowers with Cricut, lettering with stencil,
pictures and stamped images.
And on the back of the booklet I used some text
printed with the computer. Stamped images, flower picture and brad.

Want to see more??
YES?!!!
The following blogs are in this
BLOG HOP:

1. Hetty's blog--------> You are HERE
Go visit my friend
2. Erin's blog
9. Nancy's blog
10. Wendy's blog

If this is not enough Club Scrap inspiration
there is always the GALLERIA
Monet inspiration







Have a creative day!

16 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

Hetty! You are so creative! What a great idea for book pages...I have that cartridge too. Hmmmm...I've been inspired!

BethA said...

I, too, am inspired. You make it seem so simple, yet elegent at the same time. I think I will definately have to try this one. Thanks for the bloghop! Nice way to start a relaxing Saturday morning!
BethA

Rachelle said...

What a beautiful book, Hetty! I just love that Lotus Pond paper.

Capescrapper said...

Hetty, you have totally out done yourself with this wonderfully creative book! Love everything you have done and you captured the lotus flowers beautifully! Well done!

Chrissie said...

what a wonderful showcase for the gorgeous Lotus Pond papers and your beautiful water lillies. Great tutorial.

Elizabeth said...

Hetty,
what a wonderful book for your Water Lily photos. I love it.
I am also jealous that you have your very own water lilies :)
Elizabeth

Jen said...

Fantastic little book. Love the shaped pages and all of the extra details. Lotus Pond is ideal for these photos. A kit MADE for you.

nancy y said...

what a great idea to make a little book like this! The perfect thing for your gorgeous photos! Then all the stamping and added touches make this a one-of-a-kind treasure.
I'll have to look into that cartridge.

Michelle said...

Wat een mooi boekje. Ik heb vandaag ook weer fotos van onze waterlelies gemaakt. Dit is een leuk idee om het te gebruiken.
Lieve groetjes Michelle

Gabagal said...

Oh my goodness Hetty. This booklet is just so lovely. I was thinking what a beautiful wedding or shower memory book it would make. Thanks for your always inspiring art.

Farley

Erin Nagy said...

Hetty, this is just soooo perfect a project for the Lotus pond kit! Brilliant use of the Cricut too :) Thanks for joining in the hop!

Cyndy Rogers said...

Beautiful, Hetty, as always! Lotus Pond papers are perfect for the water lily theme and the shaped pages add so much personality to the book. I just love the way you incorporate your pictures! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Love this little book project Hetty - and thanks so much for showing how to do it :)

Gaby said...

Gorgeous Hetty!

Cindy said...

Hetty - what a beautiful book. Thanks for sharing. Just what I needed for motivation. My sister and I do a "project" from afar (she lives in MO and I live in CA) and show each other when we get together each year. This year I came up with a chipboard book with a page for each month - not necessarily a calendar, but just something for each month whether it be pictures, stamping, notes, etc and you have given me the push I need to work on it so that's my plan for after today's errands. Thanks!

Janice said...

Very nice!

Janice
www.cricutconfessions.com