Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saturday card: color challenge


With Easter so close, I had to come up with
something fun for decoration. So how about this cute
table decoration?!

I was inspired by the color challenge on 

I started with making the little box out of
a 7,5x 7,5 inch of kraft paper. Devide it in 
9 blocks of 2,5 inch to make this box.

Here you see the template I used. Next I cut  4 squares
of 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inch of ivory paper. I embossed
these with an egg embossing folder.
Then I lightly colored the raised parts with vintage
photo distress ink. and glued these 4 panels
to the sides of the box. 
Next I took a sheet of paperlace from Club Scrap,
I cut of two of the lacy cornersand
thanI sprayed it with moonlight glimmer mist
(I used a box as not to spray everything on my table).

When the paper lace was dry,I added double sided tape, to half of the
middle square part. Then folded it double and this way I had
created a pocket for the egg.

Lay the egg in the pocket and close it with a ribbon.

I used light blue and gold organza ribbon to close the egg bag.

Now I created a watercolor background for'
stamping the eggs on that are embossed with gold.
One large egg and 4 small ones are cut out with scissors.
The small ones go on each side of  the box with a 
piece of foam tape.
The larger one goes on the card. The size of theis card is 
3"x 4" and the egg stamps and these cute chicks
(also embossed in gold and colored with vintage 
photo distress ink) are by Michael Strong.
With a 8 x 8 inch sheet of tissue paper the egg box
decoration is comblete. Can you imagine having
these cute little boxes on your table tomorrow?

Thank you for looking.

Have a creative day!


6 comments:

Peg Klitch said...

So beautiful Hetty...I love the tones of the card especially.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely delightful, love your little card and your fabulous box, I love the paper lace, they will look beautiful on the table.

Laura said...

Love your Easter Table decoration, Hetty! Such pretty colors and texture-love the blue and brown combo! ANd Mike's chickies are just too cute!!! That paper lace colored with the blue glimmer mist is gorgeous too! THanks for sharing!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hetty this is an amazing ensemble - love the blue and gold on the kraft - absolutely beautifully made and arranged.
Blessings
Maxine

Lori said...

These will be perfect for Easter! Lovely set. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Lori Kobular said...

Love your Easter box and card! They look gorgeous! Love that egg stamp! Hope you had a Happy Easter!