Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Earth Day




Looking after the planet is more and more important these days,
so I try to teach my grandson a little about it. We have planted
seeds to grow our own tomatoes this year.
I hope we will see them grow and eat them!

Of course here is a card too:


I used this sketch from the Mojo Monday Blog.

I made the background with the direct to paper technique
and two colors of distress oxide ink.

The earth stamp is by Stamp Fransisco (a very old
wooden stamp from my stash). The leaves are thinlits
from Sizzix (Tim Holtz)  Wildflower stems #2.
I used some green/blue glitter paper for the leaves.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!




4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Hetty - that 'world' stamp is intriguing. Love your interpretation of the sketch.
I hope the tomatoes grow for you - I had a wonderful tomato crop this year - 6 plants (3 varieties) and I have frozen approx 8 litres of cooked tomato! On top of those that I ate and cooked during the summer.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely to see your grandsons being taught and doing good things. LOVE your card and colours, great images.
Faith x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card, Hetty! Love that mother earth image. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

Laura said...

Oh how fun to plant seeds with your grandson! Love the photos! And your Earth Day card is so beautiful! Love the mermaid lagoon and mowed lawn color combo! And the layout!