Saturday, August 3, 2019

Simon Says: Bright and Cheerful

More cards for the Jewish New Year.
This time the cards are Bright and Cheerful for the
challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog.

I noticed these cute bee stamps in the Simon Says Stamp Shop
and I new they were perfect for my Jewish New Year cards.
The set is calle Bee Yourself.

A symbol of the Jewish New Year is a sweet apple with honey.
This way we wish each other a very sweet and happy New Year.

I started with making backgrounds with 
distress spray on my craft mat : squeezed lemonade
and spiced marmalade. This background is the first
one, so the most intense color.
I love the little bees and the apple is PSX
and the sentiment is by SU!.
Tiny sticky metal dots in the background
complete the card.

For my 2nd card  I used a text stamp by 
Zum Gali Gali in combination with the bees.
I used a little heart stamp from the set and 
made it into tiny apples.
In the background I added some sticky 
SU! sequinces.

And the last card has a variety of stamps:
The apples are by Posh Impressions
and the sentiment is a combination of SU!
and Bee Yourself. The background is a
honecomb embossing folder, that also cuts out
little parts here and there (where you see 
the yellow paper).
On the wings of the bees there is a little
gold glitter.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


7 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

Your cards are "sweet" like the new year 😉! Thanks for sharing your art Hetty!

LUCYG said...

Hetty, I LOVE these cards! Once again, I need to copy you. 😊

Lisa Lynn said...

Wonderful designs and bright colors.

kiwimeskreations said...

What cheerful cards Hetty - I love your conversion of the heart to am apple - very clever!
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

These are so awesome. Love the multiple layers and the bright colours.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are fabulous, love the colours and images Hetty. Really cheerful cards.
Faith x

Catherine Kraft said...

Love these little bees and your cards!! Great job Hetty!!