Saturday, July 25, 2020

Ocean/Beach Challenge on Sisterhood of Crafters.


Today I play for The Sisterhood of Crafters
and something totally different from last week.

No Christmas, today it is:
Ocean or Beach:
For my card I used the following:
Club Scrap mermaids tail, bubbles and seastar from the Lagoon set
Funky Fossil Design mermaid scales stencil, 
She is Fierce stamps and Small Print Stamps.

I started with the stencil and texture paste.
On the paste I added speckled egg embossing powder.
This was left to dry and then I used a heat gun on the 
embossing powder. Learned this from one of Tim Holtz
live video´s (they are all on his Facebook).

Next I colored the paper with distress oxide inks
and also sprayed some silver mica distress spray on it.

Stamping an coloring the images I wanted to use was next.
A combination of ink and stampin'blends.

Here part of the finished card.
It is a pitty you cannot see the glitter of the
silver spray and the tiny silver holographic 
stickers I added.

Thank you for looking,
stay safe and
keep crafting!




5 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! Very artsy Hetty ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabulous design, love the stamps, the embossing paste then heat embossed - Great. Love the whole card Hetty and the ink colour is pretty.
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is an awesome ocean card design. You really did a wonderful work of art.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your card is awesome. Thanks for showing us your method to making this card. I never thought of adding embossing powder to the paste. Love to learn new things. Thanks.

Fikreta said...

ITs gorgeous!